Republic of the Union of Myanmar
Ministry of Planning and Finance
Modernization of Public Finance Management Project (MPFMp)
Request for Expressions of Interest for Individual Consultants – National Database Manager for MEB
REOI No.: MPFMp-C2-C505 Closing Date: 11 February 2019
The Project is seeking to recruit a national ICT technical expert for the position of National Database Manager to assist MEB in the implementation of their CORE Banking System, implementation of their strategy to modernize ICT services and to build ICT capacity of their staff.
The work will specifically include: Support the CORE Banking System Software Installation into the Database Servers; support the data migration; support automation of the MEB operations and consolidation of accounts; provide technical assistance such as troubleshooting, problem solving, formatting; Data analysis and full documentation of the existing system; provide Database Maintenance, Storage of Data in Secure Program and Software, and to create, design and manage Recovery Plan/Back-up Plan to protect loss of data; to solve the problems/errors occurring in the Database; assist to connect Core Banking Software and Third-Party Software and give necessary training support related to the Database to the MEB staff.
The Consultant is required to demonstrate the following as a minimum:
- University degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineer/ Information Technology or related disciplines
- Certifications in: Oracle/SQL Database
- Experience in Accounting Procedures and Financial Management of the government desirable
- At least 5 years' experience in managing information system in Banking desirable
- At least 5 years' experience in Database management
- Hands-on experience with core banking system (CBS) desirable
- Experience and familiarity with the institutions and key stakeholders for the ICT sector in Myanmar
- Proficiency in English Language, especially in “Speaking and report writing”
- Good communication skills and able to work in group environment.
The assignment is for an estimated duration of 12 months and is a full-time assignment. The location of the assignment is in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
MPFMp now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (in addition to the educational qualifications, experience of similar assignments and country of work etc. should be incorporated in the CV to be submitted along with expression of interest/application).
Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below by 16 00 hours on 11 February 2019 to:
Daw Sint Sint Aung, General Manager, Myanma Economic Bank, MEB H.O., Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar